Friday, May 10, 2013

Philippians 4:6

I got a job...


My parents think I'm depressed. Ever since I lost my job, I've just been hanging out at home. The first few days were amazing. Netflix and I became the best of friends. The next few days were a little crabby. When my parents would come home and ask what I've done the whole day, I would declare "Nothing" and then go on to defend myself that after, oh about 20 years of schooling, doing nothing is just fine. I think I was just trying to convince myself more than them. 

I've had a few meetings with staffing agencies and they seemed encouraging about finding me a job. I was never really worried to be honest. I wasn't in denial. God has always taken care of me so far, so why would I start doubting Him now? That doesn't mean I sat around waiting for a phone call. Every day I would go on my laptop and check job postings. I just lived my life. 

So these past few days, my mom has been checking up on me more often. She's been calling more and yesterday she tried to have some kind of a 'heart to heart' with me. I was literally lying in my bed waiting for the sun to go down so I could go for a run. She started asking if I'm sad or frustrated and went on to tell me that I shouldn't be. No one expects me to work right away and I deserve a break after four years of school.

I said, "Five."
She said, "What?"
I said, "It was five years."
She said, "Yeah, whatever. Anyways..."

I had an interview a couple days ago and it was pretty promising so I wasn't worried. I just had to wait. My mom called again today. I had to act awake since it was 1:00 in the afternoon. I could tell by her voice that she thought I was down in the dumps. She said she'd talk to me later. Half an hour later, my dad called asking if I was okay. I told him Mom thought I was depressed, and he laughed, but then he went on to tell me the same thing she told me. Take a break, listen to some music, chill out, you've worked hard. I get it, don't worry.

The main speaker at the conference I mentioned in my first post said there are people out there who hate their job, but they have to be humble; they have to wait. I thought he was referring to the job I was in and got fired from. These past couple days, I've been thinking that maybe this is the job I have to be humble in. I don't expect to hate it, but I know I have to start somewhere near the bottom if I want to get to the top (shameful Drake reference) so I have to accept all the experiences that are going to come my way.

By the way, the agency called... I start on Wednesday. Ironically (but not really ironically because God planned it this way), my mom told me yesterday that she would take me shopping on Tuesday. Of course I would want to start working on Monday, but God put that gold speck in place so I could still go shopping.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all he has done."

No comments:

Post a Comment